Saturday, November 20, 2010

How Quick a Day Can Change....

In the job that I do I sometimes find myself feeling resentful towards the young parents I work with.  I watch the way some of them interact, or don't interact, with their babies and I realize that most of them have absolutely no idea the precious gift they have been given.

How can they possibly not take advantage of every second they have to spend with the infant during the day?  A time that could be spent holding the baby close, looking into his/her eyes, and just whispering words of love and admiration.  To look into the baby's eyes and realize that somewhere in there he/she is understanding what your saying, and if you "listen" real close you can "hear" them answer back.  Then it dawns on me, these parents are but babies themselves and haven't lived life long enough to know that the greatest gifts are given through the tiniest things.

Then, a whirlwind of sunshine streams through the door and right into my arms!  From the magic of a hug and kiss from this little girl my day is suddenly the best I've had in weeks!  I suddenly realize that even if we don't receive the exact gift we want, we are given a different gift that is just as precious!

Sweet Dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment